Skip the restaurant price (and the dairy) by making vegan cream cheese wontons at home. They are savory finger-food perfect for an appetizer.Jump to Recipe
One of the hardest foods for me to give up when I found out I am allergic to dairy is cheese. Especially cream cheese! I love cream cheese in everything from dips to slow cooker meals to bagels. Thankfully, the last time I was at our local H-E-B grocery store, I found vegan cream cheese!
I knew I needed to use it to make some type of delicious appetizer, but what? Well, we also found a brand of wonton wrappers that are vegan. So no dairy in either of them, definitely a sign for me!
When we were recently at the Chinese buffet near us, there were some wontons with all types of stuffing. Of course, I couldn’t eat most of them because of the dairy. It’s so hard y’all when I’ve eaten it for 32 years! I immediately went home and started trying to make our own.
Most things with cream cheese are light and airy and often sweet, but I wanted this for dinner. Justin helped me with a few ideas to make savory vegan cream cheese wontons. Of course, you can make these to your tastes by adding or removing any of the filling ingredients. Or increasing or decreasing any amounts. That’s the beauty of cooking for yourself!
Vegan Cream Cheese Wontons Step by Step
- 4 oz cream cheese, vegan
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp minced garlic, dried
- 12 wonton wrappers
- 1 tbsp water
In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, green onion, and minced garlic.
Add a small scoop of the cream cheese mixture to the center of a single wonton.
Use your finger to dip into the water and gently brush all four edges with the water.
Fold your wontons by starting with opposite corners and pulling them up and together.
Grab the other two corners and bring them to the center to create your wonton pocket.
Gently press the edges together to seal.
Place the wontons on a greased air fryer basket and spray with olive oil.
Cook in the air fryer at 350F for 6-7 minutes, until golden brown and crispy.
Serve warm with your favorite dipping sauce. I like
Vegan Cream Cheese Wontons Leftovers
I stored leftover cream cheese wontons in an airtight container in the refrigerator. We ate the leftovers the next day, and they were still good. The wontons will get soggy easily, so I suggest reheating in the air fryer or the oven to keep them crisp.
Originally Published On: March 21, 2022
Savory Vegan Cream Cheese Wontons
- 4 oz cream cheese (vegan)
- 1 green onion (sliced)
- 1 tbsp minced garlic (dried)
- 12 wonton wrappers
- 1 tbsp water
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, green onion, and minced garlic
- Add a small scoop of the cream cheese mixture to the center of a single wonton
- Use your finger to dip into the water and gently brush all four edges with the water
- Fold your wontons by starting with opposite corners and pulling them up and together
- Grab the other two corners and bring them to the center to create your wonton pocket
- Gently press the edges together to seal
- Place the wontons on a greased air fryer basket and spray with olive oil
- Cook in the air fryer at 350F for 6-7 minutes, until golden brown and crispy
- Serve warm with your favorite dipping sauce
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutrition content will vary based on brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes, and more.
Vegan Cream Cheese Wonton FAQs
Vegan cream cheese is usually made of tofu. The only allergen in the brand we purchase (Tofutti) is soy.
Look near other vegan products in the refrigerator section or near the cream cheese. At our local store, it’s on a top shelf and easy to miss.
No, even the vegan ones contain a bit of wheat product in them.
More Vegan Snacks
- Easy Vegan Chocolate Hummus Recipe
- Fried Vegan Beignets Recipe
- Vegan Mounds Bars
- Two Minute Salsa
- Savory Vegan Cream Cheese Wontons
- 3 Ingredient Vegan Red Velvet Cookies
- Vegan Breakfast Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Cookies with No Butter or Dairy (Vegan Recipe)
- Salad with Warm Potatoes and Hummus
- Almond-Date Energy Balls
- Vegan Coconut Ice Cream
- Crystallized Pineapple: A Sweet Snack with Only 3 Ingredients
- Chunky Guacamole Recipe
- Garlic Hummus
- BBQ Waffle Chips from Scratch
- Frozen Fruit Cups: The Perfect Summer Treat
- Pico de Gallo Recipe
- Vegan Oatmeal Cream Pie Cookies