Quick and easy drop biscuits with cheddar cheese (Red Lobster copycat) that make a great side to any meal, especially a fish/seafood recipe.Jump to Recipe
This recipe is for a simple drop biscuit made from Bisquick, milk, and cheddar cheese. The cheddar cheese is what keeps the biscuits from drying out when they are baked.
We make them almost any time we eat fish. Then I tend to eat any leftover biscuits for breakfast the next day. As long as they are stored in an airtight container, the biscuits can be eaten for a few days.
Tyler loves helping in the kitchen. This is a recipe he can easily help with. There’s a lot of mixing which is great for kids. And since they are drop biscuits, they don’t need to look perfect when they are done.
Step by Step
In a large mixing bowl, combine the Bisquick, milk, and cheese until a soft dough forms. Make sure that all of the dry Bisquick is absorbed into the dough.
Drop the dough by spoonfuls onto your heated baking stone or an ungreased baking sheet.
Bake for 10-15 minutes, until the biscuits are golden brown on the top. Meanwhile, melt the butter and stir in the garlic powder. Brush the butter over the warm biscuits.
Garnish with parsley and serve warm.
Originally Published On: March 23, 2017
Last Updated On: June 27, 2020
- 2 cups bisquick
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup butter (melted)
- 1/4 tsp parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400F
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the bisquick, milk, and cheese until a soft, lumpy dough forms
- Drop the dough by spoonfuls onto a baking stone or an ungreased cookie sheet
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown
- Meanwhile, in a small mixing bowl, stir the garlic powder into the melted butter
- Brush the butter over the warm biscuits before removing from the cookie sheet
- Garnish with parsley and serve warm