Crab casserole is served at Chinese buffet restaurants, and is so easy to make at home. It’s a delicious dip that makes a great appetizer.Jump to Recipe
One of the places I’ve missed since everything closed with the COVID shutdowns is our local Chinese food buffet. We used to go about once per month. It’s great because we can all get what we want and don’t have to wait for it.
One of my favorite things, besides the sushi, is the baked crab. All I knew was it was crab and covered in cheese. Lots of cheese. And cheese is one of my favorites!
So, since I was missing out on going to eat, we decided to make it ourselves. I wasn’t quite sure what exactly went into the baked crab. We just made some guesses based on what we remembered from the restaurant. And that’s how we came up with this crab casserole recipe.
I made it on a weekend and we took it over to my in-laws house. I think my father-in-law and I ended up eating half of the casserole before we even made lunch that day! We had to put it away before eating the entire thing. I can’t wait to make this one for my dad next time we visit since he loves seafood, too.
Step by Step
Add the cream cheese, sour cream, mozzarella cheese, and 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese and stir to combine.
Add the Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, garlic powder, and pepper.
Spread the crab dip in a casserole dish.
Cover with the remaining cheddar cheese.
Bake for 30 minutes until the cheese is bubbly. Serve warm with Ritz crackers.
Store the leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator. To reheat, place back in the oven on 350F for about 10-15 minutes.
Originally Published On: August 7, 2020
Cheesy Baked Crab Casserole
- 8 oz imitation crab
- 4 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Ritz crackers
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Shred the imitation crab and put it in a large mixing bowl
- Add the cream cheese, sour cream, mozzarella cheese, and 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese and stir to combine
- Add the Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, garlic powder, and pepper
- Spread the crab dip in a casserole dish
- Cover with the remaining cheddar cheese
- Bake for 30 minutes until the cheese is bubbly
- Serve warm with Ritz crackers