If you don’t like mustard, don’t let the dijon part turn you away from this immediately. This recipe is delicious and very simple to make.
Dijon Chicken and Broccoli is a perfect dinner when you are looking for a light and healthier meal. I always love a good meal that only uses one pan… much less clean-up later! I tried out a new recipe last night based on a Lean and Green cookbook. I got it at a vendor event in my neighborhood a few months ago, and it was really good!
Of course, in true Son Shine Kitchen fashion, I changed up the recipe some. That’s just what I do! Sometimes it’s on purpose. Sometimes I make a mistake in the prep or cooking and just have to roll with it from there. This was a little bit of both.
Now, if you don’t like mustard, don’t let the dijon part turn you away from this immediately. I don’t really care for mustard, but it is necessary and can be good in the right meals. In fact, that’s something I plan to change in this recipe, too; I want to lower the amount of
The chicken and broccoli get a lot of flavor from the sauce. Rice makes a great neutral side to this dish if you want one.
Step by Step
Cut the chicken into strips and place it in a small bowl and cover with the soy sauce. Let this soak for about 30 minutes to marinate the chicken.
In a medium skillet, warm one tbsp of olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped broccoli and minced garlic. Sauté until they are browned.
Remove the broccoli and garlic from the pan and add the chicken and the remaining one tbsp of olive oil. Stir-fry the chicken until it is cooked through.
Pour the chicken broth into the pan with the chicken and bring it to a boil. Then reduce the heat to medium again and stir in the dijon mustard.
Return the broccoli to the pan. Stir until everything is coated in the sauce and heated together. Serve your Dijon Chicken immediately.
Originally Published On: January 12, 2017
Last Updated On: January 1, 2020
Dijon Chicken and Broccoli
- 2 chicken breasts (boneless, skinless)
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups raw broccoli (chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- Cut the chicken into thin strips
- In a small bowl, cover chicken with soy sauce and marinade at least 5 minutes, preferably 30 minutes or more
- In a medium pan, saute broccoli and garlic with 1 tbsp olive oil until just browned
- Remove broccoli and set aside, covering to keep warm
- Add remaining olive oil to pan and stir-fry chicken until cooked through
- Add chicken broth and bring to a boil
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add the dijon mustard, stirring to combine
- Return broccoli to the pan and mix until coated and heated through
- Serve immediately
Shop This Recipe
When making any recipe, it’s essential to make sure you have the correct equipment. The following items are hand-selected for this recipe and are all items I have personally used and/or recommend.
These are affiliate links. See disclosures for more information.