In the past, I’ve mentioned that I enjoy a good spinach and artichoke mixture. I have made it into a quesadilla before but hadn’t made my own dip. Although, when we go out to eat, it’s one of my favorite appetizers (after fried mozzarella).
So, as usual, I started looking up recipes online. I combined the best of a few of them to come up with this recipe. I wanted a spinach artichoke dip that’s baked in the oven. You can cook it and eat immediately. Or you can cook the dip and refrigerate, then just reheat when you are ready. We ate this with some store-bought pita chips, and it was a perfect appetizer.
I made it for a Super Bowl party a few years ago. The first food gone: Baked Spinach Artichoke Dip. The pita chips are perfect with it, but you could also eat the dip with bread or crackers. When cooking for a crowd, bring a little bit of each so guests can choose which one they prefer.
Step by Step
Set your oven to 350F to let it preheat while you get the dip together. In a large mixing bowl, combine the mozzarella cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, half of the parmesan cheese, mustard, and pepper. Stir these together until they are well mixed.
Stir in the chopped spinach leaves, artichoke hearts, and red onion.
Spread the mixture evenly into a 9-inch pie plate or an 8×8 baking dish. Make sure there aren’t any peaks in the dip; otherwise those will burn before the rest of the dip has cooked. Try to even the dip out as best as possible. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese on top of the dip, covering as much as possible in a thin layer.
Bake the spinach artichoke dip uncovered for about 15 minutes. It will probably just start to bubble, and the parmesan cheese on top will melt. Serve the dip warm with crackers or pita chips or bread to dip in it.
Baked Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese (grated or shredded)
- 1-2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 dash white pepper
- 14 oz can artichoke hearts (drained and coarsely chopped)
- 1 cup spinach leaves (chopped)
- 1/2 cup red onion (finely chopped)
- Pita wedges, crackers, or bread to dip in (crackers, bread to dip in)
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a large bowl combine mozzarella cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese, mustard, and pepper
- Stir in artichoke hearts, spinach, and onion
- Spread mixture evenly into a 9 inch pie pan
- Sprinkle with the remaining parmesan cheese
- Bake, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until heated through
- Serve warm
Shop This Recipe
When making any recipe, it’s essential to make sure you have the correct equipment. The following items are hand-selected for this recipe and are all items I have personally used and/or recommend.
These are affiliate links. See disclosures for more information.