These Crispy Chicken Wraps are so light and refreshing for dinner. And I can ‘hide’ a couple veggies in it and even trick myself into eating them!Jump to Recipe
Meals that I can “hide” vegetables are always a win at my house. I can trick the kids and myself into eating one we wouldn’t eat on their own. Crispy Chicken Wraps have quite a bit of green in them, perfect for a quick weeknight meal that packs in the good stuff.
If you buy a rotisserie chicken, then this meal can be made in about 15 minutes. Often I use boneless skinless chicken breast, so it takes closer to about 30 minutes because I have to cook the chicken first, then shred it.
The recipe originally came from something I had found on Pinterest years ago. But we’ve changed it so much since then I don’t even remember what the original had in it and what we’ve changed.
Last year we had celery growing in the garden, so when we harvested a lot of it I froze it in small pieces and like to use that for meals that the celery is cooked into things. It isn’t as crunchy as fresh celery, but it works well enough for this recipe.
I also typically have green onion growing in the garden, so I’ll grab that from the backyard, too. Because of that, this meal doesn’t cost much at all. And it’s made with ingredients that are basic staples in my house.
Step by Step
Pull the meat off of the rotisserie chicken and prepare all ingredients.
Stir in the shredded chicken.
Place a scoop of shredded cheese down the middle of each tortilla shells.
Add some of the chicken mixture on top of the cheese.
Roll each of the shells burrito style. This is the hardest part of the meal for me. I may have lived in Texas for a few years now, but I don’t have the burrito rolling technique down yet. I may have to find some videos online to learn from.
Warm a large skillet over medium heat for a few minutes. Then place two of the burritos seam side down on the pan. Let them cook for 2-3 minutes, sometimes up to 5, until the bottom is golden brown. Carefully flip and cook the other side until browned as well.
Continue with each wrap until they are all cooked. Serve warm. I like to top mine with a bit more cheese and dip them in Ranch dressing. But neither is necessary to enjoy this meal.
Originally Published On: February 14, 2017
Last Updated On: December 31, 2019
Crispy Chicken Wraps
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup cilantro (chopped)
- 3 green onions (sliced thin)
- 2 celery ribs (chopped)
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 2 tsp hot sauce
- 1 rotisserie chicken (skin discarded, meat shredded to bite-sized(about 3 cups))
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 flour tortilla shells (12 inch)
- Whisk the mayonnaise, cilantro, green onions, celery, sour cream, and hot sauce in a large bowl
- Add chicken and toss to combine
- Arrange shredded cheese down the center of each tortilla
- Sprinkle chicken mixture over the cheese
- Roll up the chicken tortillas
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat for 1 minute
- Arrange 2 wraps, seam-side down, in pan and cook until golden brown and crisp, about 2-3 minutes per side
- Transfer to plate and repeat with remaining wraps
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutrition content will vary based on brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes, and more.