Cheesy Crab Roll is a perfect, easy to make appetizer to bring to any gathering. In about 30 minutes you have a hot dish ready to go.Jump to Recipe
Let me start by telling you that I call this an appetizer, but it can be filling enough for a meal. At least, Justin and I had it for dinner one night. But really, cheesy crab roll is a perfect appetizer to bring to a pot luck. It doesn’t take long to make and uses easy ingredients.
Growing up, I didn’t eat a lot of seafood. My mom is severely allergic so we never had any in the house. Since college, I’ve tried more seafood and found that I do enjoy some of it. I still don’t like any that’s really fishy, but mild seafood works for me. That’s why we cook with tilapia for most fish meals. With all of the other flavors in the cheesy crab roll, the taste of the crab is not overpowering, which is exactly what I wanted.
We used a tube of crescent rolls and kept it as one big piece for the dough. You could also get a refrigerated pizza dough similar to the crescent rolls. I think the crescent rolls give it a bit more of a flaky crust, though.
Also, make sure you use lump crab. It comes in a can and is usually near the tuna and other canned seafood. You could use fresh crab meat, but that’s going to be much more expensive. If you enjoy lump crab, you should also try our hot crab dip.
Step by Step
Roll out the crescent rolls and pinch the seams together.
Place the lump crab meat down the center of the crescent rolls leaving room on both ends for rolling it up.
Carefully spread the cream cheese mixture on top of the crab meat.
Gently roll the crescent roll over the fillings and flip it so the seam is down. Brush it with an egg wash.
Originally Published On: August 28, 2019
Cheesy Crab Roll
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 green onion (chopped)
- 1 tsp dill
- 1 can crescent rolls
- 6 oz lump crab meat
- 1 egg
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the cream cheese, green onion, and dill
- Roll out the crescent rolls and pinch the seams together
- Place the lump crab meat down the center of the crescent rolls leaving room on both ends for rolling it up
- Carefully spread the cream cheese mixture on top of the crab meat
- Gently roll the crescent roll over the fillings and flip it so the seam is down
- Brush it with an egg wash
- Move the roll to a preheated baking stone or a baking sheet and bake for about 25-30 minutes, until the dough is golden brown
- Slice and serve warm
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutrition content will vary based on brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes, and more.