Meatless Monday has never been better with this easy Vegan Chickpea Skillet Dinner. Use just one pan and have dinner ready in about 30 minutes!Jump to Recipe
While we don’t have any specific allergies in our house, I like having vegan meals now and then. We have a few good friends with dietary restrictions, so this Vegan Chickpea Skillet Dinner is a great option when they are over.
The ingredients are all simple, so they are easy to find. Most of them are ones I typically have on hand as it is. Chickpeas have a lot of protein in them, so it’s a great meat replacement. They also tend to keep us full, so we aren’t looking for something else later.
I’ve been experimenting with adding cauliflower to recipes recently, so it was welcomed in this meal. We always have carrots since the boys will eat them for a healthy snack. And I make homemade vegetable broth at least once per month.
This meal combines all of those things with a few seasonings for a delicious meal. It can be done in just one pan, so very little cleanup. I also felt like we didn’t need a side since there were so many different flavors in this.
Step by Step
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 tbsp of olive oil. Pour in the drained chickpeas and cook for about 5 minutes. They should get lightly toasted. Stir often so they don’t burn.
Remove the chickpeas from the pan. Add 1 tbsp of olive oil to the pan. Place the carrots and cauliflower in the skillet. Sprinkle with paprika, cumin, and salt. Cook for about 5 minutes. The carrots and cauliflower should start to soften.
Add the vegetable broth and orange juice to the carrots and cauliflower. Bring it to a boil then reduce to a simmer. Let it simmer, uncovered, for about 10 minutes.
Add the chickpeas back into the pan and heat through.
Place the mint leaves in the pan and serve your Vegan Chickpea Skillet Dinner warm.
Originally Published On: March 27, 2020
Vegan Chickpea Skillet Dinner
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 30 oz chickpeas (drained)
- 1/2 lb baby carrots
- 1 head cauliflower (cut into florets)
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 oz mint leaves
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat
- Add 2 tbsp of olive oil
- Pour in the drained chickpeas and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring often, until lightly toasted
- Remove the chickpeas from the pan
- Add 1 tbsp of olive oil to the pan
- Place the carrots and cauliflower in the skillet
- Sprinkle with paprika, cumin, and salt
- Cook for about 5 minutes until the carrots and cauliflower start to soften
- Add the vegetable broth and orange juice to the carrots and cauliflower
- Bring it to a boil then reduce to a simmer
- Let it simmer, uncovered, for about 10 minutes
- Add the chickpeas back into the pan and heat through
- Place the mint leaves in the pan and serve warm
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutrition content will vary based on brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes, and more.