Triple Chocolate Coconut Bars combine multiple delicious dessert ingredients into one enticing dessert bar. Healthy? No. Amazing? Yes!Jump to Recipe
Have I mentioned before that I love chocolate? Maybe just a few
dozen times. I especially like it when I can combine different types of chocolate in a dessert. I made Double Chocolate Fudge before. This time, I decided to up the game and used three types of chocolate.
These dessert bars have a lot going on, but it all comes together really well. I used milk chocolate (my favorite), semi-sweet chocolate, and white chocolate. And, as the name says, there’s also coconut in these bars.
I added walnuts, but you could also skip those. Honestly, I’m not a big fan of nuts, so I won’t use them the next time I make some Triple Chocolate Coconut Bars. But, Justin likes them in there. So maybe we compromise and I put them only on half.
Don’t let the number of ingredients intimidate you. These dessert bars are pretty easy to make. It’s a lot of layering.
Step by Step
Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8×8 pan with foil and coat with oil and gather the ingredients.
In a large mixing bowl combine the melted butter, rum, and cinnamon. Stir in graham cracker crumbs and 1 cup coconut.
Transfer to the 8×8 pan and press firmly into the pan. Freeze for 20 minutes. Bake for 10 minutes until lightly brown.
Whisk sweetened condensed milk, 3 tbsp rum, vanilla extract, 2 tsp cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice in a medium mixing bowl.
Sprinkle walnuts and chocolates over the crust.
Top with remaining 1 cup coconut.
Drizzle with sweetened condensed milk mixture.
Bake 25-30 minutes, until filling is set and lightly brown. Let cool on a wire rack. Use foil to lift out and cut into bars.
Cover any leftover Triple Chocolate Coconut Bars and place in the refrigerator. Keep for up to 3-4 days. These can be served chilled or reheated either in the oven or a microwave if you prefer them warm.
Originally Published On: October 26, 2020
Triple Chocolate Coconut Bars
- 10 tbsp unsalted butter (melted)
- 5 tbsp rum
- 4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 16 graham crackers (crushed)
- 2 cups coconut flakes
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground allspice
- 3/4 cups chopped walnuts
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Line an 8×8 pan with foil and coat with oil
- In a large mixing bowl combine the melted butter, rum, and cinnamon
- Stir in graham cracker crumbs and 1 cup coconut
- Transfer to the 8×8 pan and press firmly into the pan
- Freeze for 20 minutes
- Bake for 10 minutes until lightly brown
- Whisk sweetened condensed milk, 3 tbsp rum, vanilla extract, 2 tsp cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice in a medium mixing bowl
- Sprinkle walnuts and chocolates over the crust
- Top with remaining 1 cup coconut
- Drizzle with sweetened condensed milk mixture
- Bake 25-30 minutes, until filling is set and lightly brown
- Let cool on a wire rack
- Use foil to lift out and cut into bars
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutrition content will vary based on brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes, and more.