Tilapia with lemon butter sauce is an easy recipe to make on a busy weeknight. Whenever we are looking for a nice, light meal, this always delivers.Jump to Recipe
Tilapia with Lemon Butter Sauce originally came from a recipe I found when we were shopping at Publix when we lived in Florida. It’s funny, I never knew that it would be possible to miss a grocery store until we moved to Texas. They haven’t even heard of Publix stores here!
Anyway, when we would go grocery shopping, they always had a turn-style holder with a bunch of free recipe cards that you could take. We always looked through
We decided to get the ingredients for this recipe while we were at the store and try it. Whenever we are looking for a nice, light meal, this always delivers. The lemon butter sauce is not heavy since it isn’t a cream. And has just enough flavor but isn’t overpowering.
The original recipe said to make it with some angel hair pasta, and we often do. Sometimes we have just the fish, but others we have some kind of pasta with it as our side. This also goes great with some steamed vegetables. Especially if you double the sauce and have enough to pour over the pasta and veggies. I’ve also made a salad with homemade lemon dressing. Or, a side that goes with almost any seafood recipe is cheddar biscuits.
Step by Step
Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes. Melt the butter.
Place the seasoned salt and 3 tsp of flour on a plate. Dredge the tilapia in the flour mixture.
Add the fish to the pan with melted butter. Cook for about 2-3 minutes.
Add another 1 tbsp of butter.
Flip the tilapia and cook another 3-5 minutes, or until the fish is golden and flaky.
Remove the fish from the pan and cover to keep it warm. Pour the white wine, 1 tbsp of butter, 1 tsp of flour, and lemon juice into the pan.
Heat and stir for 1-2 minutes or until it has thickened. Stir in the parsley. Serve the fish warm with the butter sauce drizzled on top.
Originally Published On: February 3, 2017
Last Updated On: January 18, 2020
Tilapia with Lemon Butter Sauce
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- 4 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 tilapia fillets
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 4 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp parsley
- Preheat large saute pan on medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes
- Place seasoned salt and 3 tsp flour on a plate and dredge the tilapia in the flour mixture
- Place 1 tbsp butter in pan, then add fish
- Cook 3-5 minutes then add 1 tbsp butter
- Flip fillets and cook 3-5 more minutes or until fish is golden and flakes easily, flipping again if needed
- Remove fish from pan and cover to keep warm
- Add wine (NOTE: turn off the heat on a gas stovetop before adding wine), 2 tbsp butter, 1 tsp flour, and lemon juice to the pan
- Heat and whisk 1-2 minutes or until thickened
- Stir in parsley and serve butter sauce over fish