Teriyaki Chicken Noodle Bowl incorporates udon noodles with chicken and broccoli, all covered in a homemade teriyaki sauce.
When we lived in Orlando, we would go to a restaurant called Bentos and I would always get a Teriyaki Chicken Noodle Bowl. It was so good…. udon noodles, chicken, and broccoli with teriyaki sauce. It seemed like such a simple meal, but I never made it for myself.
Part of the problem was finding the udon noodles. I had been looking for a long time, both in Florida and Texas, and finally found some udon noodles at our local HEB! So, I bought them, in the hopes of making a copycat recipe, and got really close on my first try!
I used the recipe for homemade teriyaki sauce from my 100 Days of Real Food book, and just decided to wing it from there. As I said, the ingredients seem easy, so I just started cooking to see what we ended up with.
Well, it’s not exactly Bentos because I’m sure they have some secret ingredient in their sauce. But it satisfied that craving for me. And good enough to have at home since we aren’t anywhere near a Bentos anymore!
Step by Step
In a medium saucepan, sauté the broccoli over medium-high heat in one tbsp of olive oil for about 5-7 minutes, until it starts to brown.
Remove the broccoli from the pan. Add the remaining tbsp of olive oil and sauté the chicken until it is cooked through.
Return the broccoli to the pan and pour the teriyaki sauce over the chicken and broccoli.
Gently add the udon noodles until they are covered with the sauce. Stir until the noodles are soft.
Originally Published On: September 30, 2016
Last Updated On: February 11, 2020
Teriyaki Chicken Noodle Bowl
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 7 oz udon noodles
- 1 bunch broccoli (chopped)
- 2 chicken breasts (boneless, skinless, cut into strips)
- Whisk the soy sauce, cilantro, ginger, sesame oil, rice vinegar, and garlic in a small bowl to make a teriyaki sauce
- In a medium saucepan, over medium-high heat, saute the broccoli in 1 tbsp olive oil until browned, about 5-7 minutes
- When the broccoli has browned, remove and set aside, covering to keep warm
- Add the remaining 1 tbsp of olive oil to the pan and saute the chicken until cooked through
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the broccoli and teriyaki sauce to the pan
- Gently add in the udon noodles until covered with sauce, stirring until they are soft
- Serve warm
Shop This Recipe
When making any recipe, it’s essential to make sure you have the correct equipment. The following items are hand-selected for this recipe and are all items I have personally used and/or recommend.
These are affiliate links. See disclosures for more information.