Summer veggies come together with a delicious sauce to make a yummy, light, refreshing Summer Veggie Stir-Fry for a quick and easy dinner.Jump to Recipe
There are often times that I find we have some random veggies in the refrigerator that haven’t been used. About once per week, I like to go through the kitchen and figure out what we need to use before it goes bad. I hate wasting food. Right now, that produce is all summer veggies, so we made it into a stir-fry!
I’ve made stir-fry before, and it’s fun because you can throw almost anything you have in the refrigerator and make a meal. This time, I used some cauliflower, red bell pepper, and summer squash. We also added some chicken to our stir-fry, but you could do without if you wanted to keep it a meatless meal.
The sauce is what really pulls this entire meal together, though. And the udon noodles. I love udon noodles!
Step by Step
Prepare the vegetables by chopping and slicing as needed.
Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a large skillet. Add the sliced garlic and chicken. Cook for about 3 minutes. The chicken will not be cooked through at this time.
Add the chopped cauliflower to the skillet and sauté for another 3-5 minutes. Stir often.
Add the peppers, squash, and onion. Sauté for another 3-5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Pour the sauce into the skillet and stir. Add the uncooked udon noodles.
Check that the chicken is cooked through and the udon noodles are soft. Serve your summer veggie stir-fry immediately while warm.
We saved the leftovers in a glass container and put it in the refrigerator. When I was ready to reheat it for lunch the next day, I put it back in a skillet. Since it was a little dry, I added a small amount of soy sauce to the stir-fry.
Originally Published On: July 3, 2020
Summer Veggie Stir-Fry
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic (sliced)
- 1/2 lb chicken breast (boneless, skinless, cut into chunks)
- 1 cauliflower (chopped)
- 1 red bell pepper (sliced)
- 1 summer squash (sliced)
- 1/2 yellow onion (sliced)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 pkg udon noodles
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a large skillet
- Add the sliced garlic and chicken and cook for about 3 minutes (the chicken will not be cooked through at this time)
- Add the chopped cauliflower to the skillet and sauté for another 3-5 minutes, stirring often
- Add the peppers, squash, and onion
- Sauté for another 3-5 minutes and season with salt and pepper
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk all of the sauce ingredients until they are thoroughly combined
- Pour the sauce into the skillet and stir
- Add the uncooked udon noodles
- Check that the chicken is cooked through and the udon noodles are soft