Spinach and Artichoke Quesadillas are a great way to combine the creamy flavors of spinach and artichoke dip with an easy way to make dinner.Jump to Recipe
I enjoy spinach and artichoke dip, but I am picky about it. It has to be really creamy and cheesy for me to enjoy. And we love quesadillas here. So why not combine the two and make Spinach and Artichoke Quesadillas?!
Since I already have a recipe for baked spinach artichoke dip, I decided to start with that. This is a bit different, but I knew I needed a slightly different texture to make it into a quesadilla. I also decided to try my hand at making homemade tortilla shells for the spinach and artichoke quesadillas.
Overall, they came out pretty good. The boys weren’t so sure about the spinach and artichoke, but I feel like it’s an acquired taste. My dad used to make Spinach Artichoke Dip every year during the holidays and I never ate it when I was younger.
Of course, I mentioned that I made tortillas from scratch for this recipe, but you don’t have to. I really wanted to learn how to make them, so this was a great recipe to try it out. Usually, I buy the ones from the store for any quesadillas we make.
Step by Step
Lower the heat to medium and add the spinach leaves. If your pot isn’t big enough, you may need to do this in a few batches. Wait until some of the spinach wilts before adding more.
Add the cream cheese, mozzarella cheese, and parmesan cheese. Stir until the cheeses melt.
Spread about 1/4 of the mixture onto 4 of the tortilla shells.
Top with the other 4 tortilla shells, then place in a medium skillet over medium heat to brown the shell for a few minutes.
Flip the shell and cook the other side. Slice into pieces and serve warm.
Originally Published On: September 27, 2016
Last Updated On: February 5, 2020
Spinach and Artichoke Quesadillas
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 8 oz artichoke hearts (drained and chopped)
- 5 oz baby spinach leaves
- 6 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (shredded)
- 8 tortilla shells
- Heat oil in large stock pot over medium-high heat
- Add chopped artichoke hearts and cook for 1-2 minutes
- Lower heat to medium and add spinach
- Cook spinach, stirring constantly, until wilted
- Add cream cheese, mozzarella cheese, and parmesan cheese and stir until melted
- Spread 1/4 of the mixture on 4 of the tortillas
- Top with other tortillas
- Use medium skillet over medium heat to warm the quesadillas, flipping after 2-3 minutes
- Slice into quarters and serve warm