I enjoy spinach and artichoke dip, but I am picky about it. It has to be really creamy and cheesy for me to enjoy.
I found this recipe from Pinterest, and changed it up just slightly to match my tastes. I used a little more cream cheese and parmesan cheese than the recipe called for, 1oz less spinach (mostly because it comes in a 5oz container or 12oz and I don’t need all that extra), and homemade tortilla shells.
Overall, they came out pretty good. The boys weren’t so sure about the spinach and artichoke, but I feel like it’s an acquired taste. My dad used to make Spinach Artichoke Dip every year at the holidays and I never ate it when I was younger.
Of course, I mentioned that I made tortillas from scratch for this recipe, but you don’t have to. I really wanted to learn how to make them, so this was a great recipe to try it out. Usually, I buy the ones from the store for any quesadillas we make.
Step by Step
Heat the oil in a large saucepan or stock pot over medium-high heat. Add the chopped artichoke hearts and cook for about 1-2 minutes to soften slightly.
Lower the heat to medium and add the spinach leaves. If your pot isn’t big enough, you may need to do this in a few batches, waiting until some of the spinach wilts before adding more.
Cook the spinach, stirring constantly, until it’s all melted and mixed in with the artichokes.
Add the cream cheese, mozzarella cheese, and parmesan cheese. Stir until the cheeses melt.
Spread about 1/4 of the mixture onto 4 of the tortilla shells.
Top with the other 4 tortilla shells, then place in a medium skillet over medium heat to brown the shell for a few minutes.
Flip the shell and cook the other side. Slice into pieces and serve warm.
Shop This Post
Spinach and Artichoke Quesadillas
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 8 oz artichoke hearts (drained and chopped)
- 5 oz baby spinach leaves
- 6 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (shredded)
- 8 tortilla shells
- Heat oil in large stock pot over medium-high heat
- Add chopped artichoke hearts and cook for 1-2 minutes
- Lower heat to medium and add spinach
- Cook spinach, stirring constantly, until wilted
- Add cream cheese, mozzarella cheese, and parmesan cheese and stir until melted
- Spread 1/4 of the mixture on 4 of the tortillas
- Top with other tortillas
- Use medium skillet to heat quesadillas, flipping after a few minutes
- Slice up and serve warm