Bring the campsite home with these easy-to-make s’mores cookies, similar to the ones the Girl Scouts sell, with 3 easy ingredients.Jump to Recipe
Let me start by telling you these cookies are A-MAZ-ING! And so simple to make. I love s’mores and it’s one of my favorite parts of camping. So, when the Girl Scouts came out with a s’mores cookie a few years ago, that was added to my staple order of Thin Mints.
But, the cookies don’t last long. Especially with the sweet tooth that we all have in my house. Since I first tried out this recipe a few months ago, we’ve made them at least 3 times.
When we go camping with the Cub Scouts, I want to make these to bring with us. We will still roast marshmallows, but it’s hard to get so many people around a campfire. So, this could be an option for those who just want to have a cookie instead of roasting their marshmallow.
Step by Step
Cover each graham cracker with a small scoop of marshmallow fluff.
Freeze for 5-10 minutes. Meanwhile, break the chocolate into pieces and place in a small casserole dish.
Heat the oven to the lowest setting and bake for about 5-10 minutes, until the chocolate looks soft. Stir the chocolate and reheat if it isn’t all melted, but do not cook too long that the chocolate seizes up.
Coat the graham crackers in chocolate. Flip to coat both sides.
Place back on the parchment paper.
Freeze another 10-15 minutes to let the chocolate harden. Serve cool and keep in the refrigerator so the chocolate doesn’t melt.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. I like to keep them in the refrigerator so the chocolate and marshmallow doesn’t melt. But, we also live in a very warm, humid climate. If you are somewhere that’s cooler, then you can likely leave them in a container on the counter.
Originally Published On: August 31, 2020
- 9 Graham Crackers
- 3 oz Marshmallow Fluff
- 12 oz Baking Chocolate
- Break the graham crackers in half and lay on parchment paper on a baking sheet
- Cover each graham cracker with a small scoop of marshmallow fluff
- Freeze for 5-10 minutes
- Meanwhile, break the chocolate into pieces and place in a small casserole dish
- Heat the oven to the lowest setting and bake for about 5-10 minutes, until the chocolate looks soft
- Stir the chocolate and reheat if it isn’t all melted, but do not cook too long that the chocolate seizes up
- Coat the graham crackers in chocolate and place back on the parchment paper
- Freeze another 10-15 minutes
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator