The slow cooker makes dinner time easy, especially with this 4-ingredient Salsa Chicken dinner. Serve over tortilla shells, rice, or a salad.Jump to Recipe
Slow cooker meals are some of my favorites because they are so easy and ready when you want! I have been substitute teaching a lot this year, and having a few simple slow cooker meals up my sleeve have been perfect for dinner on busy nights. Especially ones that don’t use a lot of ingredients, such as this slow cooker salsa chicken.
You only need 4 easy things to make a delicious dinner: chicken, corn, salsa, and black beans. We served ours on tortilla shells, but you could also make it into a salad or serve it over rice.
Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken Step by Step
- 1 lb chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 2 cups salsa
- 15 oz black beans, drained
- 15 oz canned corn, drained
Place the chicken in the slow cooker. Pour the salsa, beans, and corn on top and gently mix.
Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or high for 2-3 hours. Remove the chicken and shred.
Use a slotted spoon to scoop out the salsa, beans, and corn. Serve the chicken and bean mixture on tortilla shells, over rice, or on a salad. If you are serving over rice, you may want to use a regular spoon to scoop so you get some of the liquid. But, on a tortilla or salad, you don’t want that to make everything soggy so a slotted spoon is best.
Leftover salsa chicken can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Store the salsa chicken mix separate from any tortilla shells, rice, or salad. Reheat the salsa chicken in a pan on the stove over medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring often, until it’s warmed through. Then place on your choice of tortilla shells, rice, or salad.
Originally Published On: March 24, 2021
- 1 lb chicken breasts (boneless, skinless)
- 2 cups salsa
- 15 oz black beans (drained)
- 15 oz canned corn (drained)
- Place the chicken in the slow cooker
- Pour the salsa, beans, and corn on top and gently mix
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or high for 2-3 hours
- Remove the chicken and shred
- Use a slotted spoon to scoop out the salsa, beans, and corn
- Serve the chicken and bean mixture on tortilla shells, over rice, or on a salad
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutrition content will vary based on brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes, and more.
More Slow Cooker Dinners
- Easy Slow-Cooker Potato and Cheddar Soup
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Dressing
- Sweet and Sour Chicken Bowl in the Slow Cooker
- Beef and Pork Chili in the Slow Cooker
- Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore
- Pasta Fagioli Soup (Olive Garden Copycat)
- Slow Cooker Creamy Ranch Chicken over Pasta
- Kale Beef Stew with Smashed Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken
- BBQ Chicken Sandwiches
- Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings
- BBQ Pork Potatoes in the Slow Cooker
- Beef Roast: A Full Meal in the Slow Cooker
- Slow Cooker Steak Fajitas with Homemade Fajita Seasoning
- Minestrone Soup: The Perfect Warm Vegetarian Soup
- Orange Chicken in the Slow Cooker – Only 4 Ingredients