20 minutes is all you need to make delicious skillet tortellini and broccoli. Pan-fry cheese tortellini with broccoli in a sherry butter.Jump to Recipe
Have I mentioned before that I love one-pan meals? Maybe just once or twice? Per week. Yeah, we like one-pan meals. Especially right now while our dishwasher is out of commission!
One pan meals are great for so many reasons. And this one is super easy to make, fairly healthy, and was enjoyed but my entire family. That’s a winner in my house!
I love cheese tortellini and have found a few ways to make it besides just the traditional boiling and adding sauce. I’ve made it in a soup with sausage and a tomato soup. We’ve also had tortellini in a chicken salad which was a delicious, light, refreshing summer meal.
But today, we are cooking it in the frying pan! This meal takes only about 20 minutes. And since there’s no meat, it’s a perfect Meatless Monday meal, especially since Mondays are often hectic. The skillet tortellini and broccoli doesn’t take a lot of prep, and you don’t need to take anything out early. It’s really a meal that can be made on a whim.
Step by Step
Add the olive oil to a large saute pan over medium heat. Once it’s warm, add the broccoli and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring often. The broccoli should be slightly tender.
Add the garlic and salt to the broccoli and cook another 2-3 minutes.
Remove the broccoli from the pan. Melt the butter in the pan and pour in the cooking sherry. Add the tortellini and cook for about 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Return the broccoli to the pan and stir. Season with the pepper.
Serve immediately garnished with parmesan cheese.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. To reheat, place in a small skillet and warm over medium heat. Add a bit of olive oil or butter if the pasta is dry.
Originally Published On: August 24, 2020
Skillet Tortellini and Broccoli
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 head broccoli (chopped)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp butter (unsalted)
- 1/4 cup cooking sherry
- 19 oz cheese tortellini
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 4 tbsp parmesan cheese (shredded)
- Add the olive oil to a large saute pan over medium heat
- Once it’s warm, add the broccoli and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring often, until the broccoli is slightly tender
- Add the garlic and salt to the broccoli and cook another 2-3 minutes
- Remove the broccoli from the pan
- Melt the butter in the pan and pour in the cooking sherry
- Add the tortellini and cook for about 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Return the broccoli to the pan and stir
- Season with the pepper
- Serve immediately garnished with parmesan cheese