Parmesan Crusted Chicken is one of our family favorites. This meal is packed with flavor and all of us will devour dinner. Anything that the boys ask me to make is a clear winner in this house!
I had something similar to this when we went out to eat years ago. I can’t even remember where we were, but it was really good. So, of course, I came home and tried to make something similar.
For the breading, I like to use Ritz crackers. They have a buttery flavor that adds to the overall taste of the meal. But, if you don’t have any or want something a bit healthier, bread crumbs would work as well.
The boys like when we do the crackers because I need them crushed. I place the sleeve of crackers in a zip-top bag and they have fun with the meat cleaver. When we don’t do that and want to save the waste from the bag, I will use a food processor or the Magic Bullet to break the crackers and mix everything with it.
Step by Step
Preheat the oven to 400F. Place the chicken breasts in a 9×13 baking dish.
Sprinkle with garlic salt, then spread a thin layer of Ranch dressing on the chicken.
Put the Ritz crackers in a zip-top bag and crush with a meat cleaver or rolling pin. Or, use a food processor to break the crackers.
Add the parmesan cheese and parsley to the crushed crackers.
Sprinkle the cracker mixture over the chicken, pressing to help it stick to the chicken.
Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the top is golden and the chicken is cooked through.
Parmesan Crusted Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts (boneless, skinless)
- 2 tsp garlic salt
- 2 tbsp Ranch dressing
- 1 sleeve Ritz crackers
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese (shredded)
- 1 tbsp parsley flakes
- Preheat oven to 400
- Arrange chicken in a 9×13 dish
- Sprinkle the chicken with garlic salt then spread a thin layer of ranch dressing on top
- Crush Ritz crackers in a zip-top bag or use a food processor to crumble
- Add parmesan cheese and parsley to the crackers
- Sprinkle a handful of cracker/cheese mixture on each chicken breast and pat down
- Bake about 20 minutes or until top is golden and chicken is cooked through
Shop This Recipe
When making any recipe, it’s essential to make sure you have the correct equipment. The following items are hand-selected for this recipe and are all items I have personally used and/or recommend.
These are affiliate links. See disclosures for more information.