Cleaning and organizing the cabinets in the kitchen is a daunting task. But once it’s done, it’ll make cooking so much easier!
Welcome to Day 5 of the 6 day Kitchen Organization challenge! Almost there, today is another big one, and you should be well on your way to a more organized, more functional kitchen.
Originally Published On: November 10, 2021
Today’s Task: The Cabinets
Last major organization project for the week is the rest of the cabinets. Hopefully, now that you’ve done the rest of the kitchen, this shouldn’t be too much trouble. Today we are going to go through the rest of the cabinets in the kitchen. Organize your pots and pans, plates and bowls, etc.
- Take everything out of the cabinets.
- Wipe down all of the cabinets as needed.
- Group similar things, such as plate ware, cookware, silverware, etc. so you know about how much you have of everything.
- Decide if you need anything new to help you organize the cabinets. I like to keep all the cups near the refrigerator, and the plates, bowls, etc. close to the dishwasher so it’s easy to put them away. I keep everything for cooking near the stove such as the spoons and spatulas, pot holders, spices and seasonings, measuring cups.
- Put everything back in the cabinets in a way that works for the flow of your kitchen.
Inspiration & Resources
I put together a blog post with a list of some of my favorite organization products for the kitchen that you can find here: http://www.sonshinekitchen.com/organizing-products-kitchen
If you are looking for some ideas for pantry and kitchen organization, I created a Pinterest board that you can find here: https://www.pinterest.com/sonshinekitchen/kitchen-organization-decor/
The Cabinets in My Kitchen
These are just a few of the cabinets in my kitchen. As you can see, I put “like things” together. Yes, I have a lot of cookbooks and bakeware, but that’s what happens as a food blogger and food photographer! The items up high are the ones we don’t use often. I need a step ladder (or just climb on the counter) to reach those.
- 6 Days to an Organized Kitchen
- Day 1: The Pantry
- Day 2: The Junk Drawer
- Day 3: The Refrigerator
- Day 4: Under the Sink
- Day 6: Catch-Up
If you have any questions, need any help, want suggestions on your unique situation, feel free to send me an email and I can give you some guidance!
Take some before/after photos and post them online using #sonshinekitchen so we can all see the progress you are making!