Easily make homemade chicken tenders by breading the chicken with a few seasonings and frying to golden perfection in 15 minutes.Jump to Recipe
I’ve mentioned before that chicken is a favorite in our house. Sometimes we do really elaborate chicken meals (such as Chicken and Dumplings). Other times, I want something quick and easy.
The boys love when we buy frozen chicken tenders, but those get expensive. And, I like having control over exactly what goes into our food.
So, we set out to make our own homemade chicken tenders. We made plain and spicy chicken tenders. Justin prefers them to be spicy. For his, we just added some red hot seasoning into the flour mixture.
We have many recipes that include breading the chicken, but then we go on to do other things with it. This recipe is breading the chicken and frying. That’s it. Very simple, but delicious!
Step by Step
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Prepare your ingredients.
In another bowl, beat the eggs. Place the bread crumbs in a third bowl. Coat the chicken by dredging in the flour mixture, then the eggs, then the breadcrumbs, then back to the eggs, and finally in the bread crumbs again.
Fry in the prepared oil for at least 3-5 minutes on each side, making sure the chicken is cooked through. Place the chicken strips on a wire rack to let the excess oil drain. Serve warm with your favorite dipping sauce. The boys like to dip theirs in ketchup. I like ranch dressing. Justin likes blue cheese dressing with his chicken tenders.
Store any leftover homemade chicken tenders in a container in the refrigerator. To reheat, bake for about 10-15 minutes at 350F, until the chicken is warm through.
Originally Published On: October 16, 2020
Homemade Chicken Tenders
- 2 cups vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 lb chicken tenderloins
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat
- Whisk the flour in a shallow bowl with the onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, pepper, and salt
- In another bowl, beat the eggs
- Place the bread crumbs in a third bowl
- Coat the chicken by dredging in the flour mixture, then the eggs, then the breadcrumbs, then back to the eggs, and finally in the bread crumbs again
- Fry in the prepared oil for at least 3-5 minutes on each side, making sure the chicken is cooked through
- Place the chicken strips on a wire rack to let the excess oil drain
- Serve warm with your favorite dipping sauce
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutrition content will vary based on brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes, and more.