Make your own dressing to top a quick and easy Greek Chicken Salad. Rotisserie chicken makes it quick but still full of flavor.Jump to Recipe
In our kitchen, we love having a few quick and easy options for a meal. Especially if it can be made with very few dishes to clean up afterwards. I’ve been trying to incorporate more salads and healthy meals into our routine.
We often have busy nights after school that require an easy option. Tuesdays are for Cub Scouts so we are very limited on time. Some nights I’ll prepare something to have ready as soon as the boys get home from school. But if I’m working that day, it doesn’t happen.
By using rotisserie chicken, you can have a Greek chicken salad ready to go in about 15 minutes. I have the ingredients listed here to whip up a homemade dressing, but you are welcome to make it even easier by purchasing your favorite Greek dressing.
While this can be a full meal, it’s also a perfect side salad for a Greek dinner. I like it as a side for Feta-Topped Chicken since they both have a similar flavor profile. Or you can make a Greek chicken salad as the main to go along with some Cucumber Summer Salad for a light and refreshing meal.
Step by Step
Pour the dressing over everything and gently toss. Serve the salad topped with broken pita chips and crumbled feta cheese.
If you know you won’t be serving all of the Greek Chicken Salad at once, wait to pour the dressing on. Keep this stored individually from the rest of the salad. Place both in airtight containers and refrigerate for up to 24 hours. Pour the dressing on the salad when you are ready to serve.
Originally Published On: February 17, 2021
Greek Chicken Salad
- 1 lb rotisserie chicken breast
- 1 heart romaine lettuce (chopped)
- 1 cucumber (sliced)
- 15 oz chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 1/3 cup roasted red bell peppers (drained)
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives (pitted and halved)
- 1/2 cup pita chips (broken)
- 1/3 oz feta cheese (crumbled)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- In a small mixing bowl, make the dressing by whisking together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, honey, oregano, salt, pepper, and garlic
- Shred the chicken breast then place in a large mixing bowl, with the chopped lettuce, sliced cucumber, drained chickpeas, and roasted red peppers, and halved olives
- Pour the dressing over everything and gently toss
- Serve the salad topped with broken pita chips and crumbled feta cheese
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutrition content will vary based on brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes, and more.
Greek Chicken Salad FAQs
Unfortunately, as written, this Greek Chicken Salad is not keto. To make it keto, you would have to replace or eliminate the chickpeas, pita chips, and honey
No, you do not. I prefer making things from scratch, but I know time can be an issue. You could purchase your favorite Greek salad dressing.
Yes! This is a great way to save yourself time. Whisk all of the dressing ingredients together and refrigerate in an airtight container. Give it a shake or whisk before using to make sure it is properly mixed.