Fresh vegetables get grilled and mixed together with a balsamic dressing for a delicious summer relish side dish perfect with any grilled meat.Jump to Recipe
Fresh summer relish is a delicious side dish to almost any grilled summer meat. We made some simple grilled chicken and topped it with the summer relish.
Grilling is our favorite way to make dinner in the summer. So it was only natural we made some grilled vegetables to go along with our grilled chicken.
The boys weren’t the biggest fans of this since they don’t like “cook-ed” vegetables. But grilling corn is one of my favorite ways to eat it. Even if you are still pulling the kernels off the cob. I was worried the poblanos would make it too spicy for me, but there were enough other flavors that it was very balanced.
Fresh Summer Relish Step by Step
Grill for about 5-10 minutes with the grill closed. Turn occasionally so they don’t burn.
Let the corn cool for about 10 minutes, then cut the kernels off the cob. Place the corn kernels in a large bowl.
Remove the skin and seeds from the tomatoes and the poblano then chop and place in the bowl.
Carefully stir in the vinegar, salt, and remaining oil.
Serve the fresh summer relish with grilled chicken or steak.
Fresh Summer Relish Leftovers
The summer relish is delicious both warm and cold. We placed the leftovers in the refrigerator and ate the next day straight from the fridge. It will only stay good for a day or two with the vinegar dressing.
Originally Published On: July 24, 2020
Fresh Summer Relish
- 2 ears corn
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 poblano pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Heat the grill to medium-high heat
- Brush the corn, tomatoes, and poblano pepper with 1 tbsp of olive oil
- Grill for about 5-10 minutes with the grill closed turning occasionally so they don’t burn
- Let the corn cool for about 10 minutes, then cut the kernels off the cob
- Place the corn kernels in a large bowl
- Remove the skin and seeds from the tomatoes and the poblano then chop and place in the bowl
- Carefully stir in the vinegar, salt, and remaining oil
- Serve the fresh summer relish with grilled chicken or steak
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutrition content will vary based on brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes, and more.