Like so many of my recipes, Feta-Topped Chicken is another of those that I don’t remember where it came from. I know my aunt used to make it when I lived with her, and when Justin started eating dinner there with us, he told me I need to make sure to get this recipe from her.
Personally, I don’t really care for feta cheese or tomatoes, so I just eat this chicken plain or put it in a salad when we have this meal. The chicken is cooked in a balsamic vinaigrette which adds a lot of flavor to the meat. When I put it in a salad, I use the same dressing for the salad. But, the chicken has so much flavor, it’s good just on its own.
Feta-Topped chicken is a really easy meal to make and doesn’t make much of a mess since it’s cooked in one pan. At most, this recipe only takes about 30 minutes to prepare.
Step by Step
Pour the balsamic vinaigrette dressing into a large skillet and set it over medium heat. Place the chicken in the pan and sprinkle it with the Italian seasoning and pepper.
Cook for about 20 minutes, turning occasionally until the chicken has cooked through.
Meanwhile, cut the tomato into slices.
Once the chicken is cooked, top each piece with two slices of tomatoes and 1/4 of the feta cheese.
Cover the pan and set the heat to low. Cook for about 5 more minutes, until the cheese starts to melt.
Shop This Post
- 4 chicken breasts (boneless, skinless)
- 2 cups balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- 1 tbsp italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tomato
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- In large skillet, saute chicken with vinaigrette and seasonings until cooked through
- Meanwhile, cut tomato into slices
- Once chicken is cooked, top with two tomato slices each and 1/4 of feta cheese each
- Cover and cook about 5 more minutes, until cheese is softened and warm