Chipotle Chicken Tacos are a healthy meal with a kick of flavor and a hint of spicy. They can easily be customized to your family’s taste.Jump to Recipe
The original recipe for Chipotle Chicken Tacos came from a book that one of my coworkers had when I worked in Orlando. They looked too yummy not to try it out. Plus the recipe came highly recommended.
We have modified the recipe a bit since that first try. I’ve made them better and easier to cook. Part of the modification
Originally, the recipe called for chipotle peppers in adobo sauce. Justin liked that, but it was too much for me. We’ve found that using spicy mayonnaise works just as well without making it too spicy.
Not to mention we always wasted a lot of peppers and sauce when we made the tacos that way. The recipe called for about one tablespoon, but there is much more in the smallest jar we could find. Since this is the only recipe I have that uses chipotle peppers, the extra would eventually end up getting thrown out. Maybe I should find another way to use the extra soon. I really hate wasting food.
If you want to try your tacos a bit spicier, you can always increase the spicy mayo in the recipe and decrease the regular mayo by the same amount. Or try with the chipotle peppers if you really want a kick.
There are a lot of toppings in the recipe, so you can always pick and choose which ones you are in the mood for at the time. We often leave out the black beans if we don’t have guests coming for dinner because Justin is the only one here who likes them. At first, I thought corn would be an odd choice for these, but it works surprisingly well with this meal.
Step by Step
Cut the chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces and place them in the marinade. Stir to coat the chicken. Let it marinate for at least 20 minutes.
In a medium skillet, over medium-high heat, saute the chicken. It will be browned on the outside and cooked through on the inside.
Warm the tortillas then put a scoop of the cooked chicken on the center of each taco. Place a dollop of the chipotle cream on the chicken then cover that with cheese. Add any of your other desired toppings and serve warm.
Originally Published On: September 8, 2018
Last Updated On: February 24, 2020
Chipotle Chicken Tacos
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 4 chicken breasts (boneless, skinless)
- 8 flour tortilla shells
- 1 cup mexican blend cheese (shredded)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1/2 tsp garlic (minced)
- 1/4 tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp spicy mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- Add the olive oil, cumin, and lime to a small mixing bowl
- Whisk until they are combined
- Cut the chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces and place them in the marinade
- Stir to coat the chicken
- Let it marinate for at least 20 minutes
- In a medium skillet, over medium-high heat, saute the chicken until it is browned on the outside and cooked through on the inside
- While the chicken is cooking, use a whisk to combine the ingredients for the chipotle cream in a small mixing bowl.
- Warm the tortillas then put a scoop of the cooked chicken on the center of each taco
- Place a dollop of the chipotle cream on the chicken then cover that with cheese
- Add any of your other desired toppings and serve warm