Chicken curry flatbread is a delicious way to make a weeknight dinner with lots of taste and little effort.Jump to Recipe
I’ve heard of curry a lot, but I’ve always thought it was really spicy. Though recently, I’ve learned that, when used in moderation, it can add a delicious flavor to a meal!
We decided to try out a few different ways of making flatbread meals. The boys absolutely loved when we made some pizza flatbread. Justin and I both enjoyed some chicken curry flatbread for dinner.
I find curry powder to be an interesting spice. When you see it in recipes, it can have a green tint to it. But, in the container, it’s a mustard-yellow color. I was so confused at the difference, but just kept on cooking with it.
In the end, mine looked more green than yellow! Maybe it’s the reaction of the curry powder with other ingredients. Curry powder is a mixture of spices including, garlic, ginger, and turmeric. It’s also similar to garam masala if you have an easier time finding that. Our store doesn’t carry garam masala, only curry powder.
Step by Step
In a small saucepan, combine the carrots, ginger, rice vinegar, water, and sugar. Cook for about 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat and let this cool.
Combine the curry powder and olive oil in a microwaveable bowl. Microwave on high for 45 seconds. Stir to combine.
Spread 3/4 of the curry sauce over the flatbread.
Drain the carrot mixture with a mesh stainer. Sprinkle the carrots over the curry sauce.
Add the shredded chicken on top of the carrots.
Top everything with chopped green onion. Broil the flatbread on high for about 5 minutes.
Drizzle the chicken curry with the remaining sauce. Slice and serve warm.
Place any remaining chicken curry flatbread in a single layer in a container. Use parchment paper in between layers if needed. Heat under the broiler for about 5-7 minutes to reheat.
Originally Published On: September 11, 2020
Chicken Curry Flatbread
- 1/2 cup carrots (grated)
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 flatbread
- 1 lb rotisserie chicken (shredded)
- 2 green onions (sliced)
- In a small saucepan, combine the carrots, ginger, rice vinegar, water, and sugar
- Cook for about 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly
- Remove from the heat and let this cool
- Combine the curry powder and olive oil in a microwaveable bowl and microwave on high for 45 seconds, stirring to combine
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk the plain yogurt, honey, and salt to form a sauce
- Whisk in the heated curry powder until thoroughly combined
- Spread 3/4 of the curry sauce over the flatbread
- Drain the carrot mixture with a mesh stainer
- Sprinkle the carrots over the curry sauce
- Add the shredded chicken on top of the carrots
- Top everything with chopped green onion
- Broil the flatbread on high for about 5 minutes
- Drizzle the chicken curry with the remaining sauce
- Slice and serve warm
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutrition content will vary based on brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes, and more.