Buffalo Chicken Taquitos are a perfect mix of Tex-Mex with buffalo flavor. Made with chicken, sour cream, and cheese, these are a winner!Jump to Recipe
Buffalo Chicken Taquitos are a delicious blend of chicken, cream cheese, and buffalo sauce (with other seasonings) rolled up with some mozzarella cheese into a taquito.
You can make these as spicy or mild as you want. I don’t like spicy foods, so I keep mine mild. If you like spicy, add more buffalo sauce to your mixture. Or you can do like my husband and add some buffalo sauce on top if everyone doesn’t want spicy.
I like to dip my taquito in either sour cream or ranch dressing to give it that added bit of flavor. You could also dip them in salsa or guacamole, depending on your preference.
No matter how you make them, buffalo chicken taquitos are a great, easy dinner. They give me that Tex-Mex feel without spending the money to go out to eat.
Step by Step
Preheat the oven to 425F and make sure your chicken is cooked and shredded. I boil mine then use the stand mixer with the paddle attachment to shred it.
In a small saucepan, over medium-low heat, melt the butter. Then add the seasonings. Stir until they are just combined.
Stir in the cream cheese until it has melted. It may still be chunky.
Whisk in the buffalo sauce and milk then simmer for 5-6 minutes. Stir occasionally so it doesn’t scorch to the bottom of the pan.
Remove the pot from the heat. Stir in the chicken until it’s covered with the buffalo-cheese sauce.
Lay out each tortilla shell and scoop about 1/4 to 1/3 of the chicken mixture onto the center of each shell. Top the chicken with about 2 tbsp each of mozzarella cheese.
Bake for about 15 minutes, rotating every 5 minutes until they are golden-brown and crispy on the outside.
Originally Published On: March 5, 2017
Last Updated On: January 11, 2020
Buffalo Chicken Taquitos
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp basil
- 1/4 tsp parsley
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup buffalo sauce
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 chicken breasts (cooked and shredded)
- 4 soft taco shells
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425F
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, melt the butter
- Add the seasonings and stir until combined
- Add the cream cheese and stir until mostly melted and completely combined with the butter and spices
- Whisk in the buffalo sauce and milk and simmer for 5-8 minutes
- Add the chicken to the sauce and stir to coat the chicken
- Fill each tortilla with about 1/4 of the chicken and 2 tbsp of mozzarella cheese
- Tightly roll up the taquito and place it on a greased baking pan
- Brush the taquitos with olive oil on all sides
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, rotating every 5 minutes, until golden brown
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutrition content will vary based on brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes, and more.