Use your Instant Pot or pressure cooker for an easy weeknight meal with little effort. Beef and broccoli mix with sauce and noodles for a delicious dinner.Jump to Recipe
Well, I finally got an Instant Pot! I’ve heard so much about them, and how versatile they are. So I asked for one for Christmas and my parents gave it to me! I’ve only tried a few things so far, but I can’t wait to continue to explore all of the options. One of the first things I made is instant pot beed and broccoli and I was sold on the instant pot.
I love being able to throw everything in one pot. I’ve always liked one-pan meals (I made an entire cookbook of them) so this is perfect. I didn’t realize that it’s more than just a pressure cooker. You can use it to sauté, slow cook, and so many other cooking methods.
This recipe uses a combination of the pressure cooking and sautéing features. It was a perfect recipe to introduce me to the instant pot and will be for you, too!
This meal reminds me of something I would find at our local Chinese food buffet. It has some of those oriental flavors with both soy sauce and hoisin sauce. The flavor reminded me a bit of the General Tso’s Chicken, but that could be the sauces.
I learned a few things about the instant pot and pressure cooking when I made this recipe. Most recipes don’t include the time for the cooker to pressurize. This takes about 10-15 minutes in addition to the cooking time. Also, when you release the steam manually, it’s very fast and loud and started me the first time! I made sure to wear an oven mitt so the steam doesn’t burn my hands.
Step by Step
Place the sliced onion and beef strips into the instant pot.
In a small bowl, combine the beef broth, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, brown sugar, rice wine vinegar, ginger, and garlic.
Pour the sauce mixture over the onions and beef.
Lock the lid and set to high pressure for 15 minutes. When it finishes, very carefully release the pressure.
Remove the meat from the cooker and cover to keep warm.
Set the cooker to sauté. Add the broccoli and udon noodles, stirring until they are soft.
Add the meat back into the cooker and stir. Garnish with sesame seeds and serve warm.
We saved the leftovers in an airtight glass container. To reheat, place the leftovers in a saucepan and cook on medium, stirring often, until everything is warm.
Originally Published On: June 1, 2020
Beef and Broccoli in the Instant Pot
- 1 yellow onion (sliced)
- 1 lb beef stir fry strips
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 3 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 5 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 head broccoli (chopped)
- 1 pkg udon noodles
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Place the sliced onion and beef strips into the instant pot
- In a small bowl, combine the beef broth, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, brown sugar, rice wine vinegar, ginger, and garlic
- Pour the sauce mixture over the onions and beef
- Lock the lid and set to high pressure for 15 minutes
- When it finishes, very carefully release the pressure
- Remove the meat from the cooker and cover to keep warm
- In a small bowl, whisk the cornstarch and water together
- Stir the cornstarch into the instant pot
- Set the cooker to sauté
- Add the broccoli and udon noodles, stirring until they are soft
- Add the meat back into the cooker and stir
- Garnish with sesame seeds and serve warm