Snacking usually brings up the idea of chips and other unhealthy foods rather than these quick and easy healthy snack ideas.
There’s always that time between meals that we get a little hungry and reach for a snack. But have you taken a look at the snacks you are reaching for? So many of the typical snacks are filled with all kinds of things that we don’t like to put in our bodies. I have compiled a quick list of some easy healthy snack ideas for you to try next time you need a little something between meals.
When I originally wrote this post, it was near the beginning of summer break and I had two hungry little boys in the house. They constantly wanted snacks, so we were looking for healthy snack ideas for them. Now, as I update the post, we are in the midst of the COVID-19 quarantine. The boys have been home for almost a month now and we have another month to go.
We are all looking for snacks between meals. I’ll admit, I also tend to snack when I’m bored. That’s why I’m trying to keep up with a decent workout routine while
stuck safe at home.
I know right now some groceries can be hard to come by, but there are still some great snack options. Of course, we have to do what we can. And don’t go to the store just for snacks unless you absolutely need other food. Let’s all stay home to flatten the curve so we can get back to normal life.
Originally Published On: June 16, 2018
Last Updated On: April 1, 2020
- Fresh fruit: strawberries, a banana, some cantaloupe, watermelon, etc.
- Cottage cheese topped with berries
- Yogurt Parfaits (can also be topped with berries or granola)
- Apple slices with peanut or almond butter
Vegetable Snack Ideas
- Hummus with fresh vegetables or whole-grain crackers
- Sliced tomato with feta cheese and olive oil (Caprese Salad)
Other Healthy Snack Ideas
- Whole-grain crackers with some low-fat cheese slices
- Homemade oatmeal
- Nuts and dried fruit
- Whole-wheat toast with a fried egg white
- Air-popped popcorn
- Granola bars or cereal bars
- Hard-boiled eggs