Last night, Tyler asked us to make some pancakes for dinner. We just had them a few days ago, so I told him we could make waffles instead. He wasn’t too excited about that at first, but then was ok with it when he got to help me pour the ingredients in the mixer and watch me cook them. We were given a waffle maker for our wedding, and have used it quite a few times…. I actually tend to forget about it most of the time. But as long as you have a waffle maker, they are super easy! I believe this recipe came with my waffle maker….. to me, it’s all in the toppings that make a great waffle!
These are so easy. Just dump all the ingredients in your bowl and mix them up. I use the stand mixer, just because it makes it easier for me, but you could use a regular electric mixer as well. I haven’t ever tried mixing by hand, so I don’t know how well that works.
Don’t be fooled by the pjs, we were eating these for dinner…. the boys just had a pajama day!!
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 3/4 cup milk
- 6 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- Place ingredients in a large mixing bowl and combine until well blended and smooth
- Let batter sit 5 minutes before using
- Preheat waffle maker on setting 3
- Pour 1/2 cup batter onto the center of the lower grid and spread evenly using a spatula
- Close cover of waffle maker, light will turn red
- When light turns green, waffle is ready
- Open cover and carefully remove baked waffle
- Repeat with remaining batter