As long as I can remember, stuffed shells have been a staple meal for us. We didn’t have it very often, but we did have it often enough. And we always had it when we went to the beach for the week. Stuffed shells have so many delicious ingredients in them… I love cheese, and sauce, and the spinach adds some nutrition to them. I had to modify my recipe slightly when I started cooking it for Justin, since he doesn’t like ricotta cheese as much as I do, but they are still so yummy.
- 1 box jumbo shells
- 1 pkg creamed spinach
- 1 lb ricotta cheese
- 4 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Boil shells according to package
- Cook spinach according to package
- In large mixing bowl, combine ricotta and mozzarella cheese with spinach
- Add small amount of spaghetti sauce and stir
- Add pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Add small layer of sauce to bottom of 9×13 baking dish
- Stuff shells with mixture
- Place shells in baking dish
- Cover shells with remaining sauce
- If you need more than one layer of shells, put some sauce in between layers
- Cover with foil or lid
- Bake 30-40 minutes
Join the Son Shine Community
Become a master of the kitchen.
Acquire new recipes, learn new techniques, and discuss your kitchen accomplishments & mishaps with others.