Lately, I have been on a seafood kick. This doesn’t happen often, and I have a slight allergy to seafood but it is so good! As long as I don’t eat too much at one time, I am ok. And I just keep some benadryl on hand! I saw this recipe on pinterest a while ago, and saved it then forgot about it. We decided to give it a try, changing a few things here and there, and it was amazing! This is definitely going to be made again, maybe with some bread to dip in it next time. The original recipe called for lump crab meat, but it’s just so expensive. We made it with imitation crab and it was still yummy!
Seafood Gnocchi Soup
- 4 tbsp butter unsalted
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 cups white cooking wine
- 1 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cups Parmesan cheese shredded
- 6 oz large shrimp precooked, tails off
- 16 oz imitation crab chopped
- 1 pkg gnocchi
- Boil gnocchi in a large pot until they begin to float, about 3-5 minutes.
- Remove gnocchi from water and set aside.
- In a large saute pan, melt the butter on medium heat.
- Add the minced garlic and cook for a few minutes, until it becomes fragrant.
- Add 1 cup of the white wine to the garlic and simmer until reduced by half.
- Add the other 1/2 cup of wine and heavy cream, allowing to simmer about 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in the parmesan cheese and lemon juice and stir continuously to prevent the cheese from burning.
- Turn the sauce down to a low simmer and add the gnocchi, shrimp, and crab meat.
- Stir until combined and heat for about 5 minutes, until the meat is heated through.
- Serve warm garnished with parsley.
Join the Son Shine Community
Become a master of the kitchen.
Acquire new recipes, learn new techniques, and discuss your kitchen accomplishments & mishaps with others.