Last year I started seeing a lot of recipes for different energy balls for a quick healthy snack, and I was intrigued. Most of them used peanut butter, though, and I do not like peanut butter. Finally I found one that uses almond butter, and I purchased a jar for the recipe. Thinking about it now, I can probably replace the peanut butter in other recipes with the almond butter. We like to keep these in the freezer and take one out to thaw a few minutes before we want to eat them.
Oatmeal Energy Balls
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- In large bowl, mix all ingredients together
- Roll out teaspoon sized balls and place on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper
- Freeze until set, about one hour
- Transfer to ziplock bag and keep frozen
- Remove from freezer and allow to thaw for a few minutes before eating
Join the Son Shine Community
Become a master of the kitchen.
Acquire new recipes, learn new techniques, and discuss your kitchen accomplishments & mishaps with others.