Meatloaf is always one of those quick and easy meals. It doesn’t take much to make it, and there are about a bajillion ways to make it. But I have never had it anywhere outside my family with mozzarella cheese inside, and I won’t eat it any other way. For me, the cheese is what makes it so good. So maybe no one else does this and I am giving away a ‘secret family recipe’. If so, sorry family!! This recipe makes a huge loaf, and it reheats really well for leftovers the next day. We often make this during the week so we have leftovers for lunch for a day or two, especially for Justin to bring to work.
- 1 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp parsley
- 1/4 cup onion chopped
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- 4 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- 6 oz tomato paste
- Preheat oven to 350
- Mix all ingredients (except cheese and tomato paste) thoroughly
- Roll out meat mixture onto a piece of aluminum foil until about 1/4″ thick
- Pour cheese down the center of the meat
- Use foil to roll both sides of meat on top of each other, then peel the foil and seal the meat
- Roll up ends so cheese doesn’t leak
- Cover with tomato paste
- Put on baking sheet and bake for 40-45 minutes or until meat is done
Join the Son Shine Community
Become a master of the kitchen.
Acquire new recipes, learn new techniques, and discuss your kitchen accomplishments & mishaps with others.