Kansas City Steak Strips is a recipe that I have no idea where it came from. My dad used to make it all the time when I was growing up, even though he and I were the only two who ate it. My mom and sister don’t eat steak, or at least I know my mom doesn’t, I don’t know exactly why my sister didn’t eat it. Anyways, more for us! When I started making this, I could never remember the recipe and had to call my dad every. single. time. I finally wrote down the recipe. Justin asked me one time to make it without the green beans since he doesn’t really like them, and I did, and it just wasn’t the same. So trust me, the green beans are necessary. And even for someone who doesn’t usually eat vegetables, I will eat them in this.
Kansas City Steak Strips
- 1 lb steak strips
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 can french cut green beans
- 1 bottle chili sauce
- 1 can beef broth
- 1 cup white rice
- In large skillet, saute meat with butter until cooked through, then set aside
- Meanwhile, prepare rice according to directions
- Add beef broth and chili sauce to skillet and bring to a boil
- Drain green beans and add to skillet
- Add meat back in and stir until heated through
- Serve warm over rice
Join the Son Shine Community
Become a master of the kitchen.
Acquire new recipes, learn new techniques, and discuss your kitchen accomplishments & mishaps with others.