Lately, we have been grilling chicken and having it in a salad for dinners over the summer. We harvest lettuce from our garden, grill up some chicken, and add a few things to the salad. Justin and I like different types of salads, but one thing we agree on is Italian-Style Croutons, so I decided to try my hand at making some homemade. It was a lot cheaper, and we could make them exactly as we want. I made my homemade bread and used that to make a large batch of croutons, covered with seasonings.
- 4 slices bread slightly stale
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350
- Chop bread into 1 inch cubes
- Mix oil and seasonings in a large bowl
- Add bread to bowl and gently mix to cover bread (using hands works best)
- Lay out on a baking sheet in one layer
- Bake about 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and crunchy
Join the Son Shine Community
Become a master of the kitchen.
Acquire new recipes, learn new techniques, and discuss your kitchen accomplishments & mishaps with others.