A few years ago, at my wedding shower, I was gifted with a bread machine. I didn’t realize just how much I would end up using it! I love making fresh bread to go with a lot of our meals, and also have used this recipe for dough that came with the machine. Pizza is one of my weaknesses when it comes to food, and this recipe makes it easy for me to really customize dinner to just how we want it. For example, I like ricotta cheese on mine, but most pizza delivery places don’t use ricotta. I’m sure you could also make this recipe by hand, but I have never really done that so can’t tell you what to do differently.
Homemade Pizza with a Bread Machine
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 4 cups flour
- 2 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 3/8 cup water
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp italian seasoning
- Pizza toppings: sauce, cheese, meats, veggies, etc.
- Combine all ingredients except toppings in bread pan
- Select dough setting and press start
- When unit is done, remove dough from pan and place on lightly floured counter
- Knead a few times to work the dough together
- Roll out on pizza stone
- Preheat oven to 400
- Spread sauce and other toppings over pizza
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted
Join the Son Shine Community
Become a master of the kitchen.
Acquire new recipes, learn new techniques, and discuss your kitchen accomplishments & mishaps with others.