Frozen tortellini or ravioli is always a great backup dinner for when I forget to take something out or we are short on time for one reason or another. But sometimes it just seems so plain. One night I started mixing a bunch of things in with the sauce to come up with this Herbed Tortellini recipe. It can be used with ravioli or tortellini or probably any other pasta, those are just the only two I’ve made it with.
Herbed Tortellini (or Ravioli)
- 1 pkg frozen tortellini or ravioli
- 1 1/2 cups marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp celery flakes
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Cook tortellini according to package
- Meanwhile, in medium saucepan, combine marinara sauce and ranch dressing
- Cook over medium-low heat, stirring until mixed
- Add seasonings and stir
- Cook sauce until warmed through
- Serve sauce over tortellini
- Top with fresh parmesan cheese
Join the Son Shine Community
Become a master of the kitchen.
Acquire new recipes, learn new techniques, and discuss your kitchen accomplishments & mishaps with others.