Every now and then, when we forget to get something out for dinner, we grab some tilapia fillets since they only take a few minutes to thaw. One of our quickest tilapia recipes is these fried tilapia sandwiches. We put the coat the fish with some flour, egg, and bread crumbs, then fry them with a few seasonings and place them on some bread to make a sandwich. It’s quick and easy and still filling for a great weeknight dinner.
Fried Tilapia Sandwich
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 lb tilapia fillets
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp parsley flakes
- 4 slices bread
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- Heat oil over medium heat
- Put flour and bread crumbs on 2 separate plates and egg in a bowl
- Bread the fish by covering in flour, then egg, then bread crumbs
- Place fish in heated oil to fry, flipping at least once
- Season fish while cooking
- When fish is cooked, put some mayonnaise on the bread then the fish in between
Join the Son Shine Community
Become a master of the kitchen.
Acquire new recipes, learn new techniques, and discuss your kitchen accomplishments & mishaps with others.