This past weekend was my youngest son’s second birthday party and we did a construction truck themed party. We made a bunch of decorations for it, and I was trying to decide what to do for his cake. I started searching ideas and kept finding dirt cups, but those are usually made with pudding and I didn’t want that mess. So I decided to try to make them into cupcakes, and they came out delicious!
Usually, I would make my homemade chocolate cake recipe, but for the party I was running out of time. I needed something a little quicker, so went with a boxed cake mix. But next time, I will plan better and make my own cake batter.
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 1 container chocolate frosting
- 1 box oreos or other chocolate cookies
- 1 bag gummy worms
- Bake cake/cupcakes as instructed
- Once completely cool, frost with the chocolate frosting
- Crush the oreos or cookies into a crumble
- Sprinkle the cupcakes with cookies
- Top with a gummy worm on each
Join the Son Shine Community
Become a master of the kitchen.
Acquire new recipes, learn new techniques, and discuss your kitchen accomplishments & mishaps with others.