Buffalo Chicken Taquitos are a delicious blend of chicken, cream cheese, and buffalo sauce (with other seasonings) rolled up with some mozzarella cheese into a taquito.
These are made with boneless chicken breasts, pre-cooked and shredded up to add to the sauce mixture.
You can make these as spicy or mild as you want, depending on how much buffalo sauce you put in the recipe. I like mine pretty mild, so if you want a bit of a kick add more buffalo sauce. Or you can do like my husband and add some buffalo sauce on top if everyone doesn’t want spicy.
I like to dip my taquito in either sour cream or ranch dressing to give it that added bit of flavor. You could also dip them in salsa or guacamole, depending on your preference.
Step by Step
Preheat the oven to 425F and make sure your chicken is cooked and shredded. I usually boil mine then use the stand mixer with the paddle attachment to shred it.
In a small saucepan, over medium-low heat, melt the butter. Then add the seasonings and stir until they are just combined.
Stir in the cream cheese until it has melted and is completely combined with the butter and spices.
Whisk in the buffalo sauce and milk then simmer for 5-6 minutes. Stir occasionally so it doesn’t scorch to the bottom of the pan.
Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the chicken until it’s covered with the buffalo-cheese sauce.
Lay out each tortilla shell and scoop about 1/4 to 1/3 of the chicken mixture onto the center of each shell. Top the chicken with about 2 tbsp each of mozzarella cheese.
Tightly roll the taquitos and place in a glass baking dish with the seams down so they don’t come open. Brush them with a bit of olive oil.
Bake for about 15 minutes, rotating every 5, until they are golden-brown and crispy on the outside.
Shop This Post
Buffalo Chicken Taquitos
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp basil
- 1/4 tsp parsley
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup buffalo sauce
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 chicken breasts cooked and shredded
- 12 soft taco shells
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425
- In a small sauce pot over medium-low heat, melt butter
- Add seasonings and stir until combined
- Add cream cheese and stir until melted and completely combined with butter and spices
- Whisk in buffalo sauce and milk and simmer for 5-8 minutes
- Add chicken to sauce and stir to coat the chicken
- Fill each tortilla with about 1/4-1/3 cup chicken and 2 tbsp of mozzarella cheese
- Tightly roll up taquito and place on a greased baking sheet
- Brush taquitos with olive oil on all sides
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, rotating every 5 minutes, until golden brown
Join the Son Shine Community
Become a master of the kitchen.
Acquire new recipes, learn new techniques, and discuss your kitchen accomplishments & mishaps with others.