Short and Sweet Version
- This website is operated by Stephanie Lynch.
- Son Shine Kitchen and You Are My Son Shine are a legal dba of Avlier, LLC
- If you sign up for my newsletter your email address is stored with ConvertKit and never on this website.
- I only plan to send you emails regarding free resources, blog post updates, and promotional offers on products you may find valuable.
- I do have Google Analytics setup on this website. This means I do track how you interact with the website. However, no personal or identifiable data is collected.
- I will never sell your data or spam you with unwanted emails. I hate that stuff and know you do too!
- If any part of this policy changes I’ll make sure to let you know via email or by notification on this website.
Long and Legal Version
What personal information is collected from people that visit this website?
When visiting the site, information about how you interact with the site may be collected. Information about where and how you’re accessing the site, such as location, operating system, and screen size may also be collected. In addition, your email will be collected if you sign up for free products, and/or sign up for my newsletter.
When do I collect information?
Information is collected from you when you visit the site, sign up for my newsletter, or enter information on the site.
How do I use your information?
The information collected from you when you register, sign up for my newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features is used in the following ways:
- To allow me to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey, or other site feature.
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
How do I protect visitor information?
- I do not use vulnerability scanning and/or scanning to PCI standards.
- I do not use an SSL certificate.
- I only provide articles and information, and we never ask for personal or private information.
Does this website use ‘cookies’?
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. However, if you disable cookies some features may not work correctly.
Third Party Disclosure
I do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties, your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist in operating this website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. I may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party links
Occasionally, at my discretion and if I feel the product/service is valuable to you, I may include or offer third party products or services on this website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. I, therefore, have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, I seek to protect the integrity of this site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users.
Google Adsense Policy
- Google’s use of advertising cookies enables it and its partners to serve you ads based on their visit to your sites and/or other sites on the Internet.
- Users may opt out of personalized advertising by visiting Ads Settings.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA I agree to the following:
- Users can visit the site anonymously.
Users are able to change their personal information by emailing me.
How does the site handle do not track signals?
I honor do not track signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does the site allow third party behavioral tracking?
It’s also important to note I do not allow third party behavioral tracking.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under 13, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, the nation’s consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
I do not specifically market to children under 13.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices I will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
- I will notify the users via email within 7 business days.
- I will notify the users via in site notification within 7 business days.
I also agree to the individual redress principle, which requires that individuals have a right to pursue legally enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or a government agency to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
I collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- Market to my mailing list or continue to send emails to clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be accordance with CAN-SPAM I agree to the following:
- NOT use false, or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of my company or site headquarters.
- Monitor third party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can
- Follow the instructions at the bottom of each email.
Son Shine Kitchen and You Are My Son Shine are both legally owned and operated as a DBA (“doing business as”) of Avlier, LLC which is owned by Stephanie and Justin Lynch.
7601 FM1960 Rd E #104
Humble, TX 77346
Last Edited on 2018-04-21
Join the Son Shine Community
Become a master of the kitchen.
Acquire new recipes, learn new techniques, and discuss your kitchen accomplishments & mishaps with others.